Great, short list of things from OnStartups.com to keep in mind when getting your startup off the ground…
1) Lust: Be not easily lured by the fun, sexy market.
2) Gluttony: Many ideas makes mayhem. More startups die from idea gluttony than starvation.
3) Greed: Pure pursuit of profits is perilous. Pick a problem you’re passionate about.
4) Sloth: The lazy shall languish in obscurity. Toilers triumph.
5) Wrath: Don’t get angry with your competitors. Attack the problem instead.
6) Envy: Do not copy others out of envy of their strategy. Be yourself.
7) Pride: Hubris kills. Humility has a power all its own.